Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vacation Recovery

Well, we survived a short vacation trip to Kansas City. Wait...didn't I say in my last post we were heading to Denver? That WAS the plan but Mother Nature stepped in and laughed at us. We were planning on driving to Denver Saturday but the mountains ended up getting hit by a storm that day so at the last minute we decided to drive the opposite direction (about the same distance) to Kansas City.

Though it was a last minute plan we still were able to pack in tons of sights and we had a great time. In a lot of the museums we visited there were interactive exhibits that gave you the option to take a video or photo and then email a link of it to yourself. When we visited the Rock and Roll Museum they gave us each a backstage pass with a scanner code. You entered your email once into their computers and scanned your pass, then after every video you recorded you simply scanned your badge to send the video to your email. I think the kids, and DR, created a dozen total videos. (Though DR won't let me share his with you. Party pooper!! ) Here's some the kids made, I think this was one of the highlights of our visit to Kansas City! 


   

Yap on the drums. They also had guitar, keyboard and other music stations. 



Yahoo singing her own song; "We are the best turners in the world." 
Makes total sense, right? 




The boys teamed up to perform the song their class will be singing in the spring concert. All the kids at school have been excited about this concert and have been telling me all about what kind of bugs they are. This song is so stinking cute, I can't wait to see what the entire school comes up with! 

We also visited Legoland, the WW1 Museum and the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank (highly recommend them both!), Kaleidoscope, Science City and Tallgrass National Preserve. I didn't get photos of everything but I'll share what I did get later. 

If anyone is looking for a place to take a family on vacation I highly recommend Kansas City. Not only is there LOTS to do but everything we did was concentrated in one area so we weren't constantly driving. In fact the only driving we did was to and from the hotel. 

Enjoy the music! 

4 comments:

  1. It stinks that Mother Nature had to ruin your plans, but it looks like you dealt with it just fine and the kids didn't seem to mind. Glad you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the kids didn't mind a bit. In Denver we were only planning on visiting a Lego store. In KC there's LegoLand which they much preferred, though after 3 hours there DR and I were totally overstimulated. I imagine it was similar to Chuckie Cheese without the food.

      Delete
  2. What does your daughter mean by "turner"? I'm thinking wood lathe ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Turner. She means she likes to spin around and around

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails