Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two Sculptors

Last week I was substitute teaching for a 4th grade class and their classroom teacher had this poem on her desk. I thought it was just lovely so I copied it and I thought I'd share it with you real quick this morning. 


Two Sculptors

I dreamed I stood in a studio
And watched two sculptors there 
The clay they used was a young child's mind
And they fashioned it with care.

One was a teacher; the tools she used
Were books, music and art. 
One, a parent who worked with a guiding hand
And a gentle, loving heart. 

Day after day the teacher toiled
With touch that was deft and sure,
While the parent labored by her side
And polished and smoothered it o'er.

And when at last their task was done, 
They were proud of what they had wrought; 
For the tings they had molded into the child
Could neither be sold or bought. 

And each agreed she would have failed 
If she had worked alone, 
The parent and the school, 
The teacher and the home. 

-Author Unknown_ 

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails