Thursday, August 23, 2012

First day of School!!! Second grade?? Already?!

It's the first day of school and I'm doing a happy dance!!!
Not that I won't miss my kids, of course I will, but dang have the three of them been getting on my nerves lately!! Bickering and fighting and generally just not getting along has been the mood in our house the last couple of weeks. 


Yip, right there in front, has just revealed to me that he's a bit nervous for the first day of school so I had a tough time getting him to smile. 


Yap on the other hand has been looking forward to school starting. I'm saying some special prayers for Yap this week. Last year he and his classroom teacher didn't get along very well and I'm hoping he and the 2nd grade teacher have a better chemistry! 


2nd grade!!! Where does the time go? 
These boys turn 8 on Saturday and I can't believe how big they are. Yap is wearing a Pike's Peak shirt we bought a couple weeks ago...it's an adult size small!! Pretty soon he and I will be wearing the same size clothes!!! 


After a little pep talk Yip did get calmed down a bit and I reassured him that he'll be fine in school especially after he sees all his friends again. I don't know what he's worried about, he's such a hard worker that he won't have a problem. 


And what about little Yahoo? Well, everyone has been asking all summer if she's going to start preschool this year. I sure wish she was. She's only 3 1/2 but a 3 year old who could use the hustle and bustle of preschool. Yahoo will have to be 4 before she can attend the preschool here in town, just one more year. But she's already told me that when she starts school she wants a butterfly backpack and a butterfly lunchbox!! 

Have a great year kids! 
Special prayers to all the teachers this year too!! 

2 comments:

  1. Mikayla didn't like 1st grade, I think it was a such a stark contrast to all the fun and playtime of Kindergarten, that she was shell shocked by her teacher actually expecting a bit more serious work out of the kids! Second grade she loved though! If your boys are still worried, you can tell them that a blog friend's daughter didn't like 1st grade so much but LOVED 2nd and 3rd grade (and we'll soon see about 4th!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I've subbed for their 2nd grade teacher and I'm sure they'll be fine. But you are right there is a big difference between kindergarten and first grade.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails