Friday, August 3, 2012

DR's Kansas Crop Tour

As part of my DR's job he usually takes a crop tour a few times each growing season. A week ago or so he borrowed my camera (under severe warning that if anything happened to it he would be sleeping on the couch) to take on his crop tour. I was transferring photos onto my computer and had a good look at some of the photos he took. I thought some of you may be interested in what SW Kansas crops are looking like. 






Irrigated and dry land corn


Milo


Drilling a well



Pasture


Hmmm....a pig car...well that's interesting to see on my camera.


Ooh. That's not good. 



Well, at least the clouds are filled out. 

And the most disturbing photo I found on my camera. 


Oooo...a grain bin with a hole in it, a weak spot that ruptured unexpectedly. Can you imagine how much grain must have come pouring out? Believe it or not, this is the second bin I've heard that's blown out. 

Bad years of drought. Hopefully next year will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails