Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 25 - COLOR

I'm a wee bit later posting my weekly photo than usual, but not behind! 
Still on track, and can you believe it, next week I'll be halfway through this project? This has been so much fun, I think I want to do another 52 week project next year, who's with me? 

Anyway, this week's theme was COLOR and I decided that I wanted to look for one color and how it popped out in a scene. 

Earlier this week when Yip was painting his sign to sell his Captain America Shields I loved how the early morning light was coming through the lattice blocks but the red paint wasn't completely washed out. 
(He's still selling his shields by the way. He's made $15, enough to buy a real Captain America Shield off Amazon.) 

1/100 sec., f10, ISO 1600

I did overexpose this shot so I did tweak the brightness on this one slightly. 

And look, Yip again. It's not often that he's the subject of my photos. Yap and Yahoo are usually my camera hams. 

1/100 sec., f9, ISO 1600

More red. 
They don't mind getting their pictures taken but they don't usually want to sit still for very long or in a certain place to get a picture taken. 
My kids are not good "posers". I wish they were. 


Next week; 
Week 26 - Eat! 
Maybe one of my goals next week is to shoot someone eating other than my own children, hmmm, we'll have to see how that one works out. 

2 comments:

  1. Any fairs starting up out there? Love your watermelon shot. Kind of waiting to see if we get a bit more rain this weekend. We are on the needy side again. I can't imagine what it would be like if we hadn't had the 1.6 inches last weekend. Trying to catch up on everyone's posts and still doing laundry. With this heat, I have one or two loads every day it seems! Job security right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it's 103 today and no rain in sight. Our fair is in about 3 weeks. Not sure when the rest are. Our fair is super small, it would make your county fair look huge....seriously!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails