Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 6 - Wire

Okay, I admit....I whipped this photos out fast and didn't give much thought to how I shot...I just had to get em' done this week. I hate the idea of falling behind as early as Week 6! I barely even looked at my camera's settings. I know I could have done better if I'd given it more thought, or time! Things are just rushed this week, aren't they always? 


First two are shots of this hair twisty thing I wear all the time. I just threw it on my day planner and took some shots. 


1/40 sec., f 5.6, ISO 1600

1/10, f 16, ISO 1600

1/8, f 5.6, 1600

And a quick edit in black and white.
I was manually focusing today with slow shutter speeds so I know that the focus on these is probably wonky. 

Speaking of edits, I have used picnik.com for my editing for a couple years now. But they are closing down their site in April and merging with Google+. I've tried editing through Google+/Picasa albums but it's now more cumbersome and time consuming than before. 

I did find a new online editing site that I tried today, very quickly, and I think I might be hooked. It's pixlr.com. I'm still not convinced that I need to buy fancy Photoshop program when I can free sites on the web that will fulfill my purposes.  

Oh, I almost forgot, next week is....

.....Plug. 

Crap. Why don't I start looking ahead when I post? I could have used this one next week too! 


2 comments:

  1. One of those days !!! Thanks for pixlr.com link !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, it's Thursday and I haven't done my pictures yet. Not even sure what I'm going to do. BUT I WILL DO IT!!

    When using free online editing programs make sure what kind of resolution they are making your pictures. You probably won't notice in by viewing on the computer but if you get your pictures printed it might affect the quality.

    I have Photoshop Elements. Much cheaper than the full blown photoshop program. I think I only paid $99. and at the time I bought it I received a $20 rebate from them as well. So far there is nothing I need to do that would make me run out and buy the full program for hundreds of dollars.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails