Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 5 - Steel

Week 5 of 52 Weeks of Photography Themes 

Steel!

I have to say I am loving these weekly themes. It's so much easier than trying to come up my own ideas for photos. 

I ran up to Dodge City over the weekend, by myself!, and being the the Queen of the Cow towns brought the railroad through this part of the state I found myself taking a lot of railroad themed photos. 


f 5.6, 1/125 sec., ISO 100

The Cow Catcher 
f 9, 1/13 sec., ISO 1600
 Controls for the engineer and fireman on the inside of the cab. 

f 8, 1/100 sec, ISO 800
Parts of the steam engine's wheels. 

Shooting the steam engine that sits out front of Boot Hill Museum in Dodge City was tricky because the sun was so very bright that day. I kept having to fiddle with my camera. My ISO was all over the place. Although I've always loved how bright it is in Kansas all the sun tends to wash out the colors in my photographs. But it's hard for me to shoot other than during the brightest time of the day. 

f13, 1/125 sec., ISO 100I stopped for a bit on the way home for a shot of tiny steal barbs. I just love how blurry the windmill in the background is. 

Let's see..next week, Week 6 is...

...Wire.

Whoops. Maybe I should have saved the barbed wire until next week! 



P.S. - I have a Facebook friend who is doing this project with me and this was one of hers for Steel. I just love it!! 



3 comments:

  1. Nice. I like the wire but I would have probably hide it until next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like steel was easier than you thought. I love the controls on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like steel was easier than you thought. I love the controls on the train.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails