Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Devotions - Withered Grasses

The grass withers, the flower fades, but he word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 


Right before Christmas we were blessed with lots of beautiful snow. Over the last couple weeks the kids and I have enjoyed walking and playing in the snow. There is just something about a bright new snow that brings joy to my heart. 


However over the last week our temps have been rising and the snow, all 6 inches of it, and ice have been quickly melting to reveal the brown dead grass hiding below. Where the sight of white snow brings joy, the sight of all the dead grass brings a bit of despair. It's hard to look at it and think that our landscape will ever be pretty again, whether with snow or green grass.


Sometimes we get dogged down in life the same way with the same thoughts. Days go by where we are trodden down by worries and chores, then the negatives headlines or unexpected stresses just add upon the despair that can build in our hearts until we may think we'll never be happy again or life will never be 'good' again. 


But God gives us a never ending promise in his Word. Heaven awaits for us where there is no sadness, there is no pain. Although today we may be filled with despair, by believing in the love of God we are reminded that we won't always be here on Earth, that is full of despair. Thank goodness! 


Lord, I sometimes feel as dry as mown grass. Still, your Word sustains me. Your promises give me courage and hope. Draw me deeply into Your Word. Teach me to love. Amen (God's Promises to a Woman's Heart)


1 comment:

  1. I love this Heather. Thank you. I sure wish you were my neighbor:)

    Kind Regards,
    Kasse "D.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails