Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Devotions - Friend Request: Jesus Christ



After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22


Recently I bought a new cell phone, an Android smart phone! It has been so much fun. I'm learning all about "apps" and I'm totally addicted to playing with my phone. I'm getting my butt beat playing Scrabble with my sister back in Indiana. My kids are loving shooting Angry Birds. I've got lists and all kinds of apps that has made life a whole lot easier!

The other day I downloaded Words of Jesus. "Words of Jesus is a daily notification that delivers the words of Jesus to your phone daily. A Widget that shows a verse each day from a large selection picked from the Bible, each of which are the words of Jesus from 2000 years ago, but just as wise and relevant today as ever!"

I've not only enjoyed the daily verses as a reminder for my daily devotional time but my daily delivery of Words of Jesus is almost like Jesus sending me a text message. I feel like I'm getting a message from a close friend just for me. It's amazing how those daily messages seem to be just the ones I need for the day. 

Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house, Job 29:4
There has never before been a time in our society when our society has been so connected. Technology, the Internet, smart phones, allow connecting with friends and family unbelievably accessible. Twenty years ago news that would have taken days to reach me now takes minutes. Twenty years ago I would have waited a week or more for a response to a letter I wrote. Now I can play a childhood game with my sister 900 miles away. 

I think if Jesus were on Earth today he would totally embrace technology; Twitter, Facebook, texting on Smart phones. Imagine how many people Jesus could reach today through technology today! Everyday Jesus could send a message to all his followers no matter where they are. 

Jesus is in Heaven and doesn't have a smart phone but we Christians ARE here  and WE have access to all this technology. How many people could we reach with God's word today? Do you Twitter? Do you Facebook? Who is on your contact list that could benefit from hearing God's word today? Send them a text. You may never know who your simple message may reach today. 

Dear Heavenly Father, Technological progress is amazing. What a blessing! Show me how to use technology to spread Your word. Remind me today to put Jesus at the top of my friends list. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Really something to think about. I'm going to check out that app. You need to write my Sunday posts! Amazing.

    Kasse

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails