Monday, January 16, 2012

One Last Hurrah


The big old snow we had about three weeks ago has just about all melted away......except for a few piles left on street corners or in shadows. 


Last week five little boys spontaneously converged on one of the last snow piles on our block. One last hurrah!


I love watching little boys play because there is some sort of unspoken order among what looks like chaos. There were toy guns, shovels, bikes, wrestling upon the pile of snow. But never one fight or disagreement. 


From my untrained eye, it seemed like there were three or four things going on all at once on the snow. Girls don't play like that. Girls are much more soap opera-ish. Boys seem to be a lot more flexible in their play. I was wishing I remembered more from my college Child Psychology class. Girls and boys are so different it boggles the mind that they can survive in the same room for ten minutes. 

Have you noticed though that the youngest boy who was probably 4 or 5 years old (striped shirt on the right) didn't hardly move in five  pictures? I imagine he must be soaking it all in, everything those big boys (ages 6 and 7) said and did. 




There was some friendly competition; racing and jumping. 


Coincidentally my boys are both gone tonight (Sat.) at a sleepover at a friend's house as I write this post. My evening has been spent playing games and eating dinner with only DR and Yahoo. 

My house is so quiet..unnerving really...but I'm enjoying the silence nonetheless. 

This evening is making me look forward to the day they both leave for college. Just kidding..kinda...


1 comment:

  1. Kids growing up in countries of four seasons have so much more variety of fun stuff, i think !

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails