Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Gingerbread House Tradition


We had a pretty busy weekend! 
First a tumbleweed snowman then meeting Santa (and the realization that I no longer have babies!) and finally we finished our weekend with our third year of making gingerbread houses. 


Each Halloween I rummage through the kids' trick or treat candy, eat all the chocolate (kinda kidding) then freeze about half of it for decorating gingerbread houses. 


The first year I did this I thought I could stick the house together with frosting..WRONG! It fell apart. So since then I hot glue the houses together first. What a lifesaver! 



I don't decorate one just the kids. 
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite holiday traditions.
I just love to watch my kids be creative. 



Yahoo was going to join us that day but her nap got all screwed up and she woke up late. 
Not that she would have actually decorated anything; once she came to the table she didn't do much but eat candy! 


This year we invited a "grandma" from church to come help us. She only has one grandchild who's in college so we thought we could all enjoy decorating houses together. 


I think she had a lot of fun. I think she talked and played with us more than she decorated! 

And thanks Aunt Jewel for the gingerbread man kit! They turned out very neat! 
Yip even made a Frankenstein cookie. Can you pick it out? 


Hint; it's the one with the green face. 




A lot of people have been blogging about their holiday traditions; 
(read about Sarah and her family's Cookie Day...a tradition of 32 years!) 

We have one or two more holiday traditions I may get a chance to share with you. But I want to know what kind of traditions your family has? What special holiday activity do you look forward to sharing with your family every year? 


1 comment:

  1. They are adorable!!! I just wanted to let you know that I have posted about your postcard. Thank you so much for sending it!!!
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/geography-postcard-album-kansas.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails