Friday, December 9, 2011

Foody Friday - Avocado Stuffed Pork Chops

If you got past the name of today's post then I applaud you. I admit avocado isn't for everyone and I was the only one who ate this dish (and loved it!) but if you like guacamole I think this would be a fun recipe to try and play around with. 



Avocado Stuffed Pork Chops

6 - 1in. thick pork loin chops
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 mahed avocado
2 T lemon juice
2 T butter
3 cloves garlic
1 diced avocado
1/4 c. flour
2 T butter
1 T olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. Cut a deep pocket into the side of the chops and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In bowl, combine mashed avocado, lemon juice, butter and garlic and mix well. Stir in diced avocado. Using a small spoon, fill pockets of chops with this mix. Secure with toothpick and sprinkle chops with flour on both sides. 

Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add chops and brown on both sides. Transfer to oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let stand for five minutes then serve. 


I thought this buttery and melt in your mouth. I probably would have cut the garlic in half though, it was just a bit much for my taste. I think stuffing the chop with guacamole would be great too! What other variations should I try? If you make this I'd love to know what you thought. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails