Monday, November 21, 2011

Marker Monday - Handprint Calendar Gift Idea!

Warning!!! 
To my Mother and Grandmother, 
unless you want to ruin the surprise of your Christmas gifts STOP READING NOW!







okay.....

.....that should be enough warning for them! 

My wonderful friend Melissa who runs our playgroup had a big workshop day, 7 hours long, where she had different stations set up for us to do 12 different paint hand prints with our toddlers. After they were dry she cut them out, added details and and a poem, and we attached the hand prints onto a calendar for a Christmas gift for grandparents!! 

They turned out so well I just had to share. Maybe you have enough time to do something like this with your kids. Melissa was kind enough to set this up early for me because our family Christmas is next weekend in Indiana. 


This is the cover made from two handprints. 


The first page. I wasn't able to fit all three kids handprints on every page but we rotated so there were two per month. 


Then with every month Melissa put a matching poem.I won't put them all up because there are poems all over the Internet you could use but for example, January's says;

These aren't just five snowmen
as anyone can see.
I made them with my hand 
which is a part of me. 
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall 
when my hand was just this small. 



Melissa also had a lot of options if you didn't like the handprint she had for a particular month. There were also strawberries, octopus, firemen, ghosts, lobsters, and some that you could do with your feet too! 





Fish and flags for July?
 Yes, odd but my boys didn't want to do the flags! 



The apples turned out perfect if you only paint the palms. 




These are such a cool keepsake for grandparents, I can't wait to give it to them this weekend! This makes me wish I ran a daycare, wouldn't this be a cool thing to do with your kids all year long and surprise their parents with? 

What kind of homemade gifts are your kids making this year?

1 comment:

  1. Love this Heather. You need the social media buttons at the bottom of your page. I think you can get them- click the widgets in your layout. (Is this blogger?) I would love to share this on my FB.

    Have a great day!
    Kasse D.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails