Friday, November 18, 2011

Foody Friday - Golden Breaded Pork Tenderloins


A while back I won the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Fast Fix Meals  from my friend Lana over at Walking the off-beaten path. It has a great bunch of simple recipes and this one has quickly become a favorite in our house! 


Golden Breaded Pork Chops

1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. dried oregano
1 t. dried marjoram (I didn't have this; substituted sage. yum)
2 eggs, beaten
5 or 6 pork chops
1/2 c. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and herbs in a shallow bowl; set aside. Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Dip pork chops into egg, then into crumb mixture. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium low heat. Cook chops for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sides of your choice...fried potatoes and green beans! 


These were so good. I'm really glad I used sage instead of marjoram, it added a great flavor! And 6 chops will feed our family for two nights...this recipe is a keeper! 


2 comments:

  1. Bread crumbs and cheese for making Pork Chop, something different, should be nice ! thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and they were delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails