Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Devotions - Crying Out

I loathe my very life; therefore I will give free rein to my complaint and speak out in the bitterness of my soul. Job 10-1


GGGGRRRRR!!! 


Have you ever felt like that? Yeah, me too. There are days when life seems to be nothing but one big bump in the road. I've felt like that lately. There isn't just one problem but a bunch of little problems that are as irritating as mosquitoes around the ears. 


Now, I talk to God. Usually our conversations consist of me thanking him for my blessings, praying for others and asking for help in particular instances in life. I'm betting that your relationship to God is similar. 


But have you ever complained to God? Now, honestly I can't remember too many times I've complained to God lately. Not that I haven't wanted to! But, as a mom, I hear a LOT of complaining during my day. I don't like it and I just assume God doesn't like hearing it either. (Look at all the complaining the Israelites did after leaving Egypt, and it sure didn't do them any good!) 


But maybe a little complaining isn't a bad thing. Look at Job. He had a strong, close and personal relationship with God that he never lost sight of despite all the hardships that rained down upon him. He never lost faith in God but that didn't stop him from complaining. 


God wants honesty from us doesn't he? Doesn't that mean that maybe he doesn't mind hearing some of our complaints? The difference between the Israelites' complaints and Job's was that while the Israelites lost faith and trust in God Job never did. 


Have you complained today? 


Dear God, Thank You for offering us a perfect and honest relationship with You. Thank You for giving us the freedom to COMPLAIN and gripe when things are tough for us. In the midst of our complaints Lord strengthen our hearts to never lose sight of Your grace and love for us in all situations. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails