Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Devotions - Let's Pray for our Teachers



___ for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
doing what is right and just and fair;
for giving prudence to those who are simple,
knowledge and discretion to the young—
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance—

Proverbs 1:3-5


First day of school - August 18, 2011

This summer has just flown by! And school started this past week. I even had my first substitute teaching job on the second day of school..ha! Boy was I happy school started; Yip and Yap's daily arguments have been grating on my nerves. Yep, let those teachers handle em' for a few months. HA! 




Joking aside though I will miss my boys daily presence but I'm sure Yahoo and I will find plenty of things to keep us busy. I was a teacher and many of my friends and family are teachers. It's a tough job that not anyone can do. Teachers don't teach just because they can't make it in the real world. Teachers teach because they have a passion for learning and truly care about the education of the younger generations. 

Yes, teachers only teach ten months out of the year (what do they have to complain about) but most of their summers are spent continuing their education, working summer school or organizing for the upcoming school year. And teachers don't stop working at 3 pm when the bell rings. Teachers work late nights and weekends grading papers and planning for the upcoming days' lessons and are always trying to improve their methods of teaching and finding better resources within the budget, small as it always is. 

Millions of teachers have started the school year this week. Some are novice teachers while others have years of experience behind them but they are all teachers because they care about my and your children. 

Take a minute today and pray for your children's teachers. Pray that the teachers are blessed this year with patience, wisdom, support and resources. Ask God to bless each and every adult that will touch your children's lives this year. 

Teaching is a fabulous profession, I miss it a lot. Those teachers will impact our child's life more than we may ever know. And there will be some teachers our children will never forget. I still have former students that I keep in contact with. How can we not be willing to support these teachers in every way, especially with our prayers? 

Dear Father in Heaven, Watch over all the children returning to school this week. Bless them with open minds and willing hearts to gain knowledge and wisdom. Bless the teachers with health and wisdom. Although teachers are overloaded in their responsibilities across the countries help us as parents to be supportive in any way possible. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails