Friday, May 6, 2011

Foody Friday -Hamburger Mushroom Steak

I found a new cooking magazine I just love Taste of Home; Simple and Delicious.
Full of quick and easy recipes that aren't just the same old boring foods.

This Hamburger steak was SO much better than I thought it would be.
I only made it because DR asked me to.

The night I made this our routine got really out of whack and I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. While making dinner I was thinking about 10 other things and actually forgot to put in a bunch of ingredients (I'll tell you which ones) and it still came out really good.


Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Gravy

For steaks;
1 egg (forgot)
1/2 c. dried bread crumbs (forgot!)
1 envelope onion soup mix, divided in two (this is the key yumminess ingredient)
dash pepper
1 lb. ground beef
3 T. flour
1 3/4 c. cold water
1 t. Worcestershire sauce (I used soy sauce)
1 jar of whole mushrooms drained. (fresh sliced is what I used)

In large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, 2 T soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and combine. Shape into four patties.

In a large skillet, cook patties over med. heat for 4-5 minutes on each side till juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.

Combine flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. (I also melted some butter in skillet before adding ingredients and used milk in place of some of the water.) Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or til thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes (or rice like I did).


1 comment:

  1. Looks just the way Mom used to make it. Can't beat comfort food in a pinch! LOVE Taste of Home for cooking ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails