Friday, April 29, 2011

Foody Friday - Crustless Quiche

I found this recipe the other day and thought it would be interesting to try because in place of a crust, sliced fried potatoes. And I love potatoes! This version was just basic potatoes, cheese and eggs but next time I think I'll fill it with veggies. This would also be a great recipe for anyone on a gluten free diet.


Cheese and Potato Crustless Quiche

2-3 sliced potatoes
oil or butter
4 large eggs
1 cup of cottage cheese
shredded cheese (any type and any amount)
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: finely diced cooked veggies or meat or other seasonings

Preheat oven to 350 and spray pie plate with cooking spray. Thinly slice potatoes, season with salt and pepper and saute in oil until cooked. They should be soft but firm enough to handle, lightly browned. Spread the potatoes into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle cheese on top and any optional ingredients in a thin layer on top of the cheese.

Combine eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper in a blender, blend until uniformly combined and smooth. Pour mixture into the pie plate, completely covering whatever's already there. Bake for 25-30 minutes, till lightly browned on top. Let rest a few minutes, then serve.



3 comments:

  1. I will try this on Sunday! Love the idea of using potatoes this way. Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday.
    Lady Esther Beau of Belmont (on my blog...using my Royal wedding guest name for fun today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea since I'm not a big fan of pie crusts! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I would throw in some meat, ham or sausage, and mushrooms! Yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails