Saturday, January 15, 2011

Colored Pencil Yucca

For Christmas I gave away a couple of my pastel drawings as gifts. Of course, I matted and framed them first. I bought the matte board myself so had some black pieces left laying around. I haven't drawn anything on black for a long time.



I used colored pencils to draw these abstract yucca plant landscapes. These were so much fun. They were small so I could finish them fairly quickly and colored pencil is much cleaner to work in than pastel.





This one is my favorite because of the brighter colors and sense of depth my second doesn't have.


Align Left This tall skinny one was fun too but I wish I'd done something different with the background. I do like the moon though.



I have a few more pieces of this black and I think I'll be drawing on these for a while.

So, what do you think?



1 comment:

  1. LIKE! The desert at night conjures all kinds of images. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails