Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Devotions - Happy New Year!

For every activity there is a right time and procedure, even though man's troubles are heavy on him. Yet no one knows the future, who can tell him what will happen? No one has authority over the wind to restrain it, and there is no authority over the day of death; there is no furlough in battle, and wickedness will not allow those who practice it to escape.
Eccleciastes 8:6-8

Happy New Year! So, have you made any New Year's resolutions? Not me.

Oh, I've tried to in the past but New Year's resolutions never work out for me. I'm not putting down anyone who makes resolutions; if it works for you that's awesome! But for me things happen to change my plans or after a few months I have new goals that are more important or I just lose motivation. The truth is, I don't know what the upcoming year holds so how can I make goals for it?

Don't get me wrong, I have goals. I have goals for my summer garden and fall harvest, charitable giving, projects I want to create but I never put these goals down in writing or treat them as an objective that can't be changed. Life changes and I've learned that I have to be ready to change with it.

Although I know life will change unexpectedly this year (it always does) it is comforting to know that God never changes. God is the solid rock. He is the one place to turn to when things go wrong and unexpected. God is always there to love me without ceasing and without judgment. God never changes.

I'm looking forward to the year 2011! I think there are some wonderful unexpected things in store for me and my family. So I'll let them come and I'll go with the flow because I might miss out on wonderful things if I were tethered to a few resolutions.

Dear God, Thank You for change and thank You for being unchanging. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails