Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I may never drive again...

My brother Mountain Man and I drove 948 miles to Indiana for our family Christmas on Friday/Saturday. Oh, we took the kids too. We just got home at 1 am this morning after another....948 miles. Of course my kids didn't appreciate the gravity of these facts when they woke me up at 6 this morning.

I think my legs are permanently bent at a 45 degree angle. I can't put my arms down! They seem to be stuck in the "clutching the wheel" pose. You should see how funny I look typing this by the way.

2000 miles in a car with three kids was quite the experience! But we're home safely. There were no vehicle/traffic/weather problems to speak of thank goodness.

I may never drive again...of course, I may never get out of bed again! If you never hear from me again it's a good chance I'm burrowed under 5 blankets snoring or in my kitchen eating something besides fast food.

Traveling is great but getting home is better. May you all stay safe on your holiday travels this year!

1 comment:

  1. But I'm glad you made it home for Christmas. May your next visit be longer and more restful.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails