Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tangible proof that my mother loves me...

Yep, that's right. These four boxes of Washing Soda proves that my mother loves me!!

Ha, ha! You see I make my own laundry detergent which includes washing soda. Do you know I can't find washing soda anywhere in the state of Kansas!! Well, at least not in this part of Kansas. About a month ago my brother Mountain Man went home to Indiana and my wonderful mother sent washing soda back with him. How sweet!!


I got this recipe from Country Girl in Maine.

2 cups grated bar soap
(I use Zote because it's in my little grocery and it makes 4 cups when I grate it but any bar soap would work.)
1 cup washing soda,
1 cup borax

Use 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons per load.

Thanks Mom! These boxes should last a while!

1 comment:

  1. I love making my own laundry soap as well. I hope to eventually make my own soap. My recipe is very similar to yours. I add baking soda as well.

    Kathi My Blog

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails