Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wow! What a sunset!

Last week we had a storm move through in the afternoon, a rather rare event for this part of the country. After getting Yahoo settled into bed and before getting Yip and Yap down for the night, I glanced out the window and saw this.
Can you believe these colors?? I ran out to the middle of the street real quick and snapped a half dozen or so shots. If DR had been home I would have left bedtime for him and I would have taken off into the countryside.

No editing...this is what my sky looked like.
Yes, I've laid claim to it. The Kansas sky is now mine.



It had rained overnight too and was pretty overcast the next morning. Yahoo and I walked on down the road after the boys left for school and saw a quick moving fog roll in...just enough to hide the top of the elevator.



Photo comments and critiques always welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures! Sure those first two weren't funnel clouds? ;-) I love to watch the rain roll in out here on the flat lands. We are actually on a ridge so we can watch the small town of Boswell disappear and sometimes never feel a drop.

    Looks like you are getting the hang of your camera. I'm about ready to go pick out mine and play with it before the birthdays hit next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful photos! I love the colours of the sunset and the moodiness of the fog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those sunset pics! The colors that come out in a sunset are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails