Thursday, October 14, 2010

I have a new.....

......CAMERA!!!!
That's right! DR surprised me with a Nikon D3000 last week!


 I've been taking pictures left and right and trying really hard to figure this thing out. You would not believe how many different settings there are on this camera...hundreds! I'm learning histograms, white balance, aperture and shutter speed. I'm having so much fun!!

Most days I can't wait to find some free time to get this little baby in my hands.
Of course the first few hundred pictures I took were of my kids. Nothing great, just playing with my camera trying to learn.

As I was reviewing a bunch one night some of Yap's expressions cracked me up and I thought I'd share.


I asked the boys to jump and pose for me.


Hi-YAH!!!


What is that Yap? I tell ya, this boy is one goofy kid.


I'm not sure what is going on here....but he LOVES getting his picture taken.


Why are you hiding that gorgeous smile?


There it is!!


What are you Yap, a werewolf? Sorry, Halloween is still a couple weeks away.

Hopefully my photos will just get better from here on out.
Okay photo experts out there, I want advice! Anything and everything! Tips, hints, books to read, photos to take. I want to dive in headfirst!




4 comments:

  1. I have started to notice that one of the girls is a whole lot more hammy that the other one. There are many more pics of Bear than Tink, but she seems to be the one up to something all the time. Tink is just as great, but she is also more shy and reserved at times.

    I'm so excited for you! I am looking at the Nikon family for a new camera too. Either the D3000 or D5000. I LOVE my Canon G9, that's what I take all my pictures with, and then I clean them up with my Creative Memories Memory Manager~ it lets you play with your pictures AND store them in easy to create and find files. I just want to be able to do a bit more with my photography, and adding lens should let me do just that.

    Ii am anxious to hear/see how you like yours. Have fun!

    P.S. How is harvest going out there? Did you feel the earth move yesterday? Not sure how far you were from the quake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking this camera. So far, my biggest obstacle is "reading" the available light and setting my camera accordingly. I'm trying to shoot manual and stay away from auto.

    No! I didn't feel the earthquake and to tell the truth I was kind of disappointed I didn't feel it when I heard about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't post something like this and then not tell us specifics about the camera!! I would so love to get a different camera but I think I'm stuck with my ebay find until is stops working. Until then I'd love to be jealous of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! How exciting! I wouldn't really say there is a particular book, besides the manual that it came with that will help you out all that much more. The best thing is to learn from what you do. Keep your camera around constantly and try out new things. I can't wait to see more of your photography!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails