Friday, October 22, 2010

Foody Friday - Honey Cranberry Cornbread


Honey Cranberry Cornbread, I love this recipe!

The honey and cranberries give a sweet flavor while the cornmeal adds a nutty texture.

Honey Cornmeal Bread

1 c all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. butter (melted)
1/2 c. honey
1 1/4 c. milk
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 heaping cup of dried cranberries (if you have the time soak them in water overnight)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.

In smaller bowl whisk together honey, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.

Add wet mix to dry mix and stir til blended. Fold in cranberries.

Divide batter betwen two small loaf pans or into one large one. (I double this recipe for three medium size loaves.) Bake for 60-70 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.

Doesn't that look yummy? Add a dab (or two) of butter.

*** Check back tomorrow and I'll share where we obtained the cornmeal and wheat flour, it isn't where you would expect!!***



3 comments:

  1. Yummy! and I think I have all the stuff I need in my pantry! WOOOO! It's amazing what you can find when you clean it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Does it matter if your honey has become a bit sugary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, just put it in the microwave for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails