Saturday, September 11, 2010

After the Football Game..

It's Saturday morning, did you go to the football game last night?? Well, we didn't. Yahoo was already asleep when the game started and DR was still working. But we are close to the action! The football field is only two blocks away. The kids and I will take walks down there occasionally and run races and practice long jumping! Last Saturday as we were driving back from running an early morning errand we drove by the football field and Yip noticed how much trash blowing aroundwas on the ground.

When we got home Yip said, "Mom, I'm going to the track to pick up all that trash!!"  

"Me too!" added Yap! They took off on their bikes and since it was such a beautiful morning Yahoo and I walked down there too.


The boys were hard at work! They picked up trash under the bleachers and on the bleachers. After the home side was clean we went to the opposite side of the field and cleaned up the visitors side too! We were there for forty five minutes.
Needless to say, I was impressed. They picked up everything! No one asked them to do so. They didn't expect to get paid for this job or seek recognition for it either. They were just enjoying helping out with a job that needed to be done.

I'm going to brag a bit here. Yip and Yap are great kids who surprise me all the time doing things just like this.

Well done boys!!

Now...can we go clean up your bedroom with this much happiness and vigor??


1 comment:

  1. You go right ahead a brag on your boys~ What they did was the best testimony to their upbringing! I can so relate to praying the energy transfers to their bedrooms! I wish mine would transfer to my house! It's a rainy, do nothing day here, but Hubby is hard at work outside getting ready to head back to the fields as soon as Mother Nature gives him the thumbs up or sun out sign~!

    p.s. Boiler Up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails