Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Devotions - Do you need Comfort?


I am a fan of old church hymns. One of my favorites is;  I Need Thee Every Hour.

I need Thee, oh, I need Thee; Ev'ry hour I need Thee! Oh, bless me now, my Saviour; I come to Thee!

Those words have really resonated with me lately. For the last month with moving and traveling and settling into a new town and routine I've not been reading my Bible very regularly. It's only been the last four days or so that I've been able to devote regualr time to reading my Bible and oh, how comforting it is has been!!

Has your life ever been so busy that time with God gets pushed to the wayside? I know just being a mom keeps me busy from the moment I climb out of bed in the morning until I stumble back into in the evenings. We don't need lots of time everyday to build our relationship with God. Most days I only have the chance to read my Bible for five minutes or so but even such a small time spent reading scripture is comforting and restorative. I didn't realize how much my soul needed those few minutes everyday until recently.

Dear God, I need Thee every hour!! Thank you for the strength of your words and love so that even a few minutes with You comforts me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails