Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yip and Yap's 1 Mile Fun Run!


I'm a big runner. I run about six days a week and occasionally I'll compete in races but I never blog about it cuz...what's there to write about?

Left, right, left, right, breathe, right, left, right....that would get kind of boring!

But this morning the boys and I ran a 1 Mile Fun Run in our little town's summer festival. We had a great time and it was one of the more entertaining races I've ever ran!

First of all, the boys needed to warm up! Great a playground conveneniently nearby.

And a bit of mental preparation. Here's their race faces. Yip was quite serious!

This is the first race I've ran where the runners were bussed to the starting line, which was out in the country. The boys were more excited about the bus ride than the race!

The boys ran ahead while I pushed Yahoo in the stroller and they kept looking back to talk!

"Are we doing good Mom? Are you still back there?
 Hey, that guy is really far ahead of us!"
"Wow! Was that a dead toad on the road?
 Let's stop and check it out!"

They did great and had fun! They received their participation certificates and showed them off.

"Mom, what's a parsipapation cerficate?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails