Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Devotions - "Wait upon the Lord."


They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  ISAIAH 40:31

This plaque, with the verse Isaiah 40:31, was a wedding gift given to us from my grandmother. It is one of the first things I make sure gets put up on my walls when we move. The last few weeks have been stressful. DR has been in Kansas and I've been on my own juggling the last minute moving details, my own daily tasks and all the things DR does around the house; like mowing the yard. Even though there is a lot to do preparing to move, there are some days where I just feel as though we are waiting....and waiting....and waiting. It can be frustrating and emotionally draining. There are days I wonder how much longer I can wait before we finally get all this moving stuff DONE!

When I am at my most frustrated and pushed to my limits it is this verse that keeps me going with strength and joy. God is always with us. No matter the obstacle. No matter how hard or how far. When we wait with the Lord he gives us the strength we need. The strength of eagles! The strength to run as far as we have to run and never growing weary. We can never have that kind of strength on our own.

And yes, God gives us the strength (and patience) to wait! For me, waiting is more of an obstacle than doing...something, anything! I don't like to sit still. (I just heard my entire family's heads shake in unison!) But God has a purpose in waiting so I will wait...and God will be here to help me bear it.

Dear God, Thank you for giving us the amazing strength to face our most difficult obstacles; whatever they may be. Thank you for waiting with me Lord! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails