Monday, February 22, 2010

Pancakes Your Husband Won't Eat


Well, maybe your husband will eat them but not mine. These are not white pancakes. These are not tasteless, bland pancakes. These are not boring pancakes. Therefore, my husband won't eat them. Since he is unwilling to sample my culinary masterpieces (snort) he'll never know what he is missing. I usually make these pancakes for dinner when my husband will be working late or is out of town. The boys call them "Mommy Pancakes" and prefer them over "Daddy pancakes" (ha!) I don't usually measure the ingredients but play it by sight. I did my best here to give you a fairly accurate recipe. These are pretty dense and are not light and fluffy, but they do have a great texture.

Multi Grain Fruit Puree Pancakes

1/3 cups Quick Oats
1/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 cups White Flour
1/3 cups Cornmeal
1 or 2 eggs
1 cup Milk
1 cup Applesauce or canned pumpkin or any pureed fruit
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 or 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or nutmeg, cloves, allspice...be adventurous with spices)
1 Tablespoon or more of Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder


Mix it all together. Add more milk or applesauce or pumpkin to thin the batter if needed. Fry up! Serve warm with a little butter and honey or peanut butter and honey or applesauce or pancake syrup or (seeing a pattern here?) throw whatever you want on top of these bad boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails