Friday, February 26, 2010

Banana Peanut Butter Wrap for kids to make!


As parents we are always on the lookout for ways to foster independence in our children, right? I mean, really, none of us are wanting to be tying our kids shoes forever. Same with feeding them ....what a task! It seems every time I turn around someone in this house is hungry! What are they, growing or something? I remember this snack from my own childhood. I was the oldest of seven growing up and there were many times we made our own lunches and snacks and boy, did we go through the jars of peanut butter!! We learned independence in our house or we starved.

I recently taught my boys how to make this snack on their own. Spread peanut butter and jelly on a whole wheat tortilla. Then roll it around a banana. Eat and go! Yes, it is a little messy at first...okay, okay VERY messy for a five year old to make. How else will they get better, or cleaner, if they don't practice. Plus, if I begin to foster this love of cooking early once they are teenagers they'll want to do all the cooking! I can dream can't I?

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails